We* have been acting for buyers, sellers and JV partners in a number of representative engagements, including:
- Formation by Degussa AG, a major German chemicals producer (at present Evonik Industries AG), of a production JV with a Russian partner (IVJ acting for Russian JV partner);
- Sale of a large Russian timber and pulp producer (IVJ acting on sale side);
- Entry by Skanska Group, a world leading project development and construction group, into Russian construction and development market through acquisition of a domestic commercial property developing and construction company (IVJ acting on sale side);
- Divestment by Evraz Group, a large international producer of steel, iron ore, coal and vanadium, of a significant coal mining asset (IVJ acting on buy side);
- Sale by ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company (at present Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.), of its Russian production, marketing and retail business (IVJ acting on buy side);
- Sale of a major Russian dairy producer holding leading positions in the Western Siberian markets (IVJ acting on sale side);
- Advising potential buyer in connection with contemplated acquisition of a major Russian oil shipping company.
* As IVJ Business Partners and previously as IVJ Legal Bureau, a Russian boutique law firm with the focus on cross border M&A and Contractual work across a variety of industries; IVJ Business Partners has inherited its M&A and Corporate legal practice from IVJ Legal Bureau and merged it with its own Energy practice.